2018 has been my most difficult and challenging year to date. Emotionally and physically. There were many downs but a lot of good came from them. If I think about where I was last year at this time, I was filled with so much more pain, worry, and anxiety. Looking back, I never would have thought I would accomplish all that I did in 2018 and all of those things are worthy of being proud of and grateful for. Yesterday I wrote a list of everything that came to mind that I was proud of for accomplishing this past year. Writing it all down was liberating and shocking that there were quite a few. Even though 2018 has not been great for my health, it was a great year for personal growth. See below for my list.
I am proud of…
- Creating The Happy Pelvis, of course!
- Finally getting answers and diagnosis’
- Being my own advocate because if I didn’t do the research that I did, I definitely wouldn’t be where I am today
- Learning more about sensitivity and how my health issues relate to a person with an up-regulated nervous system
- Making my health a top priority
- Learning how to release my pelvic floor
- Making genuine friendships with other IC/PBS, PFD, and Endo sufferers as well as with my medical team
- Learning how to cross stitch/embroider
- Pretty much sticking to a gluten free, dairy free and bladder irritant free diet for 10 months (I did have times where I caved, but I’m only human)
- Learning to meditate
- Learning to be kind to myself
- Learning to cook/bake new things
And what do I want to accomplish in 2019?
What are you proud of accomplishing in 2018?
One thought to “See ya, 2018!”
Your strength is inspiring.